Types of data collected by us
What is a Cookie?Essentially, a cookie is a tiny file that is automatically created and then transmitted to the user’s device. Our website will generate a cookie every time that the user accesses our website via their device. The file contains data about the choices that the user makes whilst on the website, with the ultimate goal being a faster and easier web browsing experience. Another way to think of it is as a smoother or superior communication between the user and the services provided on our website.
Types of cookiesThere are a variety of cookie types which are used on our website including the following:
- Functionality cookies: Used to distinguish different users and store selections made by each individual user in order to create superior experiences with consequent visits to our website.
- Session cookies: These types of cookies are temporary and are created when you begin your browsing session. Once you have completed your browsing session, the session cookie will cease to exist. Session cookies are essential for the smooth performances of services and the website in general.
- Analytical cookies: These types of cookies are also known as performance cookies and are used to gather anonymous user information including pages visited. This allows us to modify our website template in order to create a superior user experience based on your specific needs.
- Targeting cookies: These types of cookies are used to create lists of links and pages that users click whilst visiting our website. These data lists can be used to increase content relevance based on user preferences.
- To assess the relevance or importance of various content items to users interests
- To enhance and uphold various security elements used for the protection of your data stored on our website
- Using analytics and data-based research to improve the services offered to you
- To collate all of your data in a single space gathered from our third party service providers, allowing us greater insight into your needs.